Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Import, Export and Integration
 IDF viewer for free

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marco.ruggeri Posted - 09 Mar 2015 : 10:36:44
Can anyone suggest a free IDF viewer ?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marco.ruggeri Posted - 09 Mar 2015 : 14:50:22
It seems that the problem is only related to complex polyline board that with Solidworks are not a problem, with simple board shape it seems to work fine
jameshead Posted - 09 Mar 2015 : 13:59:26
I get no issues with an IDF v3.0 output from Pulsonix 8.5 into DesignSpack Mechanical 2.

If you're using the latest versions of both programs then I'd start looking for something unusual in the design such as an odd board profile or cut-outs, or something a bit unusual with the component heights.

I know that the very first version of DesignSpack Mechanical did originally have an issue importing IDF which I reported to RS and Pulsonix but that issue was fixed.
marco.ruggeri Posted - 09 Mar 2015 : 13:55:05
I tried with Mechanical Design Spark but it reports "error at line 22:TOP" . The same file is imported without problem in SolidWorks. James (or someone else) do you have any suggestion?
jameshead Posted - 09 Mar 2015 : 11:02:26
DesignSpark Mechanical will open IDF files and STEP. Though it will say in the dialogue "IDB" , it still opens the PCB Assembly if the IDL file also exists.

http://www.rs-online.com/designspark/electronics/eng/page/mechanical

STEP is better though, especially when checking connector matings between boards and the odd components like switchs, LEDs etc. where it's better to have a more accurate 3D shape. FreeCAD will open STEP, but not IDF.

http://www.freecadweb.org/