Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 General
 Design use by colleague - make read only

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alderan Schubert Posted - 22 Oct 2013 : 19:36:30
U now the problem ? anybody open a Desing and forget to close it, he is going away and forget the computer - do another work. Now you need this Desing, you try to open it and get the message "The Desing is open....you can open a read only...." Now why it is not possible to show the username who open the desing first ?
So I take a call directly to this colleague otherwise I must search Who has it open....
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
steve Posted - 23 Mar 2015 : 16:54:10
Please see my reply two sends ago.

Pulsonix Assistance
marco.ruggeri Posted - 23 Mar 2015 : 16:27:43
Sorry Steve maybe i was not so clear formulating my question: the problem is not opening Pulsonix from the short-cut icon on the desktop , but is opening a file by double clicking on the filename (for example board.pcb) with Pulsonix Viewer without opening Pulsonix Viewer application before (this is the operation that you can normally do with pdf, word, excel files for example)
steve Posted - 23 Mar 2015 : 14:39:36
As mentioned earlier: Take a copy of your Pulsonix desktop icon, the one that currently opens Pulsonix from your desktop. On the copy you just made, open its properties and add '-viewer' to the very end of the Target path, after the stated path sitting between quotes, save and then when you open Pulsonix from that short-cut, it will open in Viewer mode. I suggest changing the short-cut name to include the word 'Viewer'.

Pulsonix Assistance
marco.ruggeri Posted - 23 Mar 2015 : 14:29:51
Sorry Steve , I can't understand what do you mean with the statement "which can be done by dedicating another short-cut to the purpose". Can you explain it to me? How can I dedicate a short-cut to the purpose . Please make an example.Thanks
steve Posted - 23 Mar 2015 : 14:25:35
You cannot open a design in viewer by double clicking on the file or as an option on opening (logged), which is why you open Pulsonix in viewer state first, which can be done by dedicating another short-cut to the purpose.

Pulsonix Assistance
marco.ruggeri Posted - 23 Mar 2015 : 13:20:10
Sorry , I think that this not the problem . The problem is not about changing the path of the desktop icon . The problem is about what is called in Italian version of Windows "Programma predefinito" (i.e default application) where the possibility of adding -viewer instruction is not possible when it starts Pulsonix.exe file. How can I do?
steve Posted - 23 Mar 2015 : 13:06:47
Take a copy of your desktop icon and in that change the target to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pulsonix\Pulsonix.exe" -viewer

Pulsonix Assistance
marco.ruggeri Posted - 23 Mar 2015 : 10:59:54
The problem is about Viewer. I want to open Pulsonix Viewer by default clicking on the file and NOT Pulsonix Trial because Pulsonix trial blocks the file . How can i choose Pulsonix Viewer as the default program?
steve Posted - 23 Mar 2015 : 10:52:08
Trial mode opens any size design, it just will not allow save of a design greater than 100 pins. Does the design open if Pulsonix is opened first?

Pulsonix Assistance
marco.ruggeri Posted - 23 Mar 2015 : 09:42:33
Another problem : when my collegue open a file doing double click on filename without opening first Pulsonix Viewer , the Pulsonix application runs as Trial Mode blocking the file. It seems that Viewer is an option that can be choosen by command line ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Pulsonix\Pulsonix.exe" -viewer]. How can i avoid this problem?
marco.ruggeri Posted - 04 Feb 2015 : 09:43:32
OK, thanks.
steve Posted - 03 Feb 2015 : 11:28:14
Our Office Excel and Word 2013 will not allow two copies of the same 'open' document to be present at the same time to a user. There may be other options with different versions or if working across networks. Irrespective of this, as stated, Pulsonix does not control file states, it uses the Windows OS.

Concerning Pulsonix running as a 'Viewer' it will act in exactly the same manner regarding opening currently 'open' designs. If a user wishes to open the design in a viewer then it being 'read only' would not be a problem.

Pulsonix Assistance
marco.ruggeri Posted - 03 Feb 2015 : 10:44:37
quote:
Originally posted by steve

Pulsonix does not add any extra controlling state over and above the standard compound file controls which is part of the Windows OS. In other words the file control is the same as if it was an Excel or Word file.

Pulsonix Assistance

I tried to open an xls file with 2 instances of Excel (the same file) and it seems that there is not the same behaviour as per Pulsonix; in addition the Pulsonix "Viewer" must works as a viewer (view only) as E-drawings for SolidWorks (we use it and it works fine). Can you suggest a solution?
steve Posted - 03 Feb 2015 : 09:38:23
Pulsonix does not add any extra controlling state over and above the standard compound file controls which is part of the Windows OS. In other words the file control is the same as if it was an Excel or Word file.

Pulsonix Assistance
marco.ruggeri Posted - 03 Feb 2015 : 09:03:02
Hi, our Company has the same problem ...and this is very annoying and it creates some delay in the design process because not all users that need to view a design are in the office at the same time and often designs remain open. Are you aware of this problem?