Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 General
 3D Navigator

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
halba Posted - 27 Apr 2015 : 09:42:23
Hi,
how can I use 3D Navigator in Pulsonix (for zooming, moving etc.)?
Thank you very much
Halba
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bkamen Posted - 27 Apr 2015 : 16:45:01
Thus the "maybe" --- was so long ago... I remember talking about it....

SO with that, GET CRACKING!! be nice to have them drivers. ;)

-Ben
-------------------------------------------
ben@benkamen.net
http://www.benjammin.net
steve Posted - 27 Apr 2015 : 16:23:06
No you did not start the thread Ben but you are already on the log.

Pulsonix Assistance
jameshead Posted - 27 Apr 2015 : 16:21:06
I found the thread, around 3 June 2011. It was Nick Vergunst who used the 3rd Party Driver for 3Dconnexion.

Here's the link to the thread:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PulsonixUG/conversations/topics/4253

He wrote:

quote:
There are old 3rd party drivers that make the device look like a generic HID device but with customizable menus and options for everything which is what I used before. As of a few days ago, I downloaded the official "beta" drivers that do the same thing but officially and with more customizability.

So I set it up so pushing directions pans those directions (move 2d mouse + middle mouse button), tilting in those directions moves the mouse (move 2d mouse), and lifting/pushing the knob does zoom (2d mouse scroll wheel with fast speed).

You have to play with the threshholds and speeds to get it workable, but only once. There are still some bugs with the official driver. For instance, if I pan too far and the mouse goes outside of Pulsonix window, it tries to use the Windows Explorer settings which are not compatible. Either it holds my middle mouse button down forcibly in software (so every mouse move spawns a new instance of the program highlighted in the task bar, FUN!) or it wont release control of the mouse until I Alt+Tab back to Pulsonix, and click one of the left/right buttons to kick it.

But other than that it has been working wonderfully. I would say as good if not better than the old 3rd party drivers.

bkamen Posted - 27 Apr 2015 : 16:09:32
I'd like to also say I've had one of these for years I bought to use on engineering stuff and it was sad to see it not work with Pulsonix. :(

(May have even been me who started the thread .. maybe..)

I would also love to see native support.

-Ben
-------------------------------------------
ben@benkamen.net
http://www.benjammin.net
steve Posted - 27 Apr 2015 : 10:41:53
Your wish 'Halba' has been added to suggestion log 32710 in our system

Pulsonix Assistance
jameshead Posted - 27 Apr 2015 : 09:55:19
There was a thread about this on the Yahoo Pulsonix user group a couple of years a go.

Some one replied that they used a third party driver that allowed the user to customise the 3D navigator controls to key stokes in Pulsonix, and they added that a Beta Version of the 3D Navigator driver, at that time, had added the same ability.

This Beta is no longer available though and the current 3D Navigator driver doesn't allow this facility.

The third party driver wasn't mentioned but may have been RBC9 that you can obtain from http://www.omniflux.com/devel/

It looks like Logitech want application developers to contact them to add support for 3Dconnexion mice and want to encourage end users to ask software venders to add support.

I have two: one at home and one at work and they do get used. I haven't had time to investigate trying to use the third party driver yet but it would be nice to have proper support built in to Pulsonix.