Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Move by Refdes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chris Posted - 29 Feb 2016 : 10:47:04
Is there a 'Move By Refdes' function in Pulsonix that works the same as in PCAD?

In PCAD it works as follows:
I zoom in to a place where a want to place a component that is 'far' away. I press F8 (i have assigned 'move by refdes' to it). A picklist with components pops up. I select one of the components and after that it hangs on the cursor and i can place it without the need to zoom in or out or leaving my placement area.

In Pulsonix i can do a 'Find' on a specific component. But when i click on the component my zoomed window where i want to place the component is lost and i have to move to it again with the component on the mouse cursor.

I prefer the 'PCAD' way, but maybe Pulsonix can do the same

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chris Posted - 29 Feb 2016 : 13:38:25
Ok thanks, the method with 'Mark View' works fine.
steve Posted - 29 Feb 2016 : 13:03:59
You could setup a Mark View where that area is, then once you have the component on your cursor, swap back to that marked view. This will allow you to choose the component using the SCM even if it is already placed in the design and then to hop it to that area.

The other method is to use Auto Place where you can select components and have them automatically moved to inside a named area. This can be very effective if the components are grouped from the SCM.

Pulsonix Assistance
Chris Posted - 29 Feb 2016 : 12:03:00
Hello,

I don't know if i really understand it. When i do Edit Cross Probe in SCM and i select a component then in the my PCB window my cursor jumps to the same component but my small placement area is left. That not wat i want.
I want that the 'probed' component will snap to my mouse. Maybe i don't understand the sentence : "Set PCB to latch into the Move command" ... how do i have to do that ?

steve Posted - 29 Feb 2016 : 11:12:07
Cross-probe is a nice way of dealing with this, Set PCB to latch into the Move command and SCM to latch into the Cross-probe then work from the SCM to supply your cursor with that component.

Pulsonix Assistance