Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Star Points

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hippenstiel Posted - 06 Jul 2016 : 13:32:14
Is it possible to use a Star Point on an inner layer in the PCB?
I can mirror it from top to bottom, but I can't place it on an inner layer.

Also, if I open properties of Star Points, some designs have an extra drop down menu for "Layer", some don't. The available layers in this drop down menu are all non-electrical. I don't understand the use of this setting, could you explain?

Image Insert:

57.36 KB
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hippenstiel Posted - 07 Jul 2016 : 09:40:38
Thanks Steve!

I've created a Start Point in my library, with a pad on an inner layer. Now I can move it to every layer, including the outer layers. So that works fine for me!

But I ran into the problem of matching inner layer names in the library with those in the layout, see this post: http://www.pulsonix.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=176
steve Posted - 06 Jul 2016 : 15:23:40
Our library star point is a Doc Symbol and uses a surface mount pad that can only be positioned on the outer layers of a design. However you can create your own star point Doc Symbols, dedicated to an internal layer and move it between layers using Change Layer.
The 'Layer' is for Text and Line items associated with the Doc Symbol, please see Help - Properties - Documentation Symbol.

Pulsonix Assistance