Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Wish: Display grid like in symbol editor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cioma Posted - 25 Jul 2016 : 23:24:10
Currently in layout and schematic the "Display current interactive grid only" option doesn't work the same way as in symbol editor. In symbol editor if this option is selected and all grids are set to invisible then the current grid is displayed (well, after a screen redraw but that's another story). But in layout and schematic no grid is displayed under the same conditions. One needs to actually start an action (e.g. move an item) in order for the current grid to get temporarily displayed. I understand that it might be the intended behavior but it would be more convenient for me to have the same behavior in layout and schematic as in symbol editor. Is it possible to have an option for it in future releases? Essentially what I need is a way to always display currently selected grid only in layout, schematic, symbol and footprint.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
steve Posted - 26 Jul 2016 : 16:46:32
I have logged this as suggestion 40981.

The facility of interactive grids allows a defined grid to be presented for certain design actions, turning other displayed grids off during that action.

Pulsonix Assistance
cioma Posted - 26 Jul 2016 : 13:23:59
Well, manually switching grid visibility in addition to changing grid itself is very cumbersome for me. Is it possible to add an option to always make currently selected grid visible right away once it's selected (in all editors)? That's a de facto behavior in many (most?) of the ECAD tools but I understand that different people have different workflows therefore having a user-controllable option would satisfy everyone.
steve Posted - 26 Jul 2016 : 12:33:31
The Symbol Editor displaying the grid when set to invisible is a bug and is already logged as 40735.

Set the grid you wish to be displayed when not in a function to visible in any of the editors. Check the settings on the Interactive grid tab.

Pulsonix Assistance