Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Exemption from suppresion of unconnected pads

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hippenstiel Posted - 08 Aug 2016 : 12:12:48
I would like to suppress unconnected pads and vias in general, but I have some exemptions.
For all inner layers, I have Suppress Unconnected Lands for pads and vias checked, but I have a certain pad style that I want to be exempted from this rule.

In chapter Technology - Edit Layer from the online help, it is stated that "[The pad] is suppressed only if there is no explicit pad shape assigned to that layer."
So I added explicit pad shapes for every inner layer to that particular pad style. But the pads still vanish for unconnected layers.

How does this work?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
steve Posted - 11 Aug 2016 : 11:36:56
Thank you for the explanation. The line "" in the Help for pad suppression simply should not be there, it was a function that was not implemented. However, the requirement for setting no suppression and then overriding certain pads as suppressed and visa-versa has been logged as a suggestion, although it would be complicated by the requirement to be different by layer.

Pulsonix Assistance
hippenstiel Posted - 11 Aug 2016 : 09:18:08
Yes this is only relevant for component pads.
It's the other way around. Generally I would like to have the suppression switched off for component pads but on the same pcb is a HV DC-Link, where suppression is beneficial to add a little bit of extra copper in the inner layers.
Reading the online help, I thought unsupressing the other pads would be the way to go, but in the end I solved it, by just adjusting the padstack of the DC-Link capacitors. The capacitors are connected by templates in the inner layers, so they don't need annular rings.
steve Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 12:18:52
Can you explain what the technical requirement is for, regarding the need to un-suppress some pad lands on certain pad stacks rather than have them suppressed like all the others?

Also could you confirm that this is required on a component pad, not a via?

Pulsonix Assistance
hippenstiel Posted - 08 Aug 2016 : 15:14:45
Thanks!
Please let me know as soon as there is a fix for this.
steve Posted - 08 Aug 2016 : 15:07:49
After investigation, this looks to be incorrect in its working, so I have logged it for review as 41035.

Pulsonix Assistance