Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Is micro-via in pad assumed to be routed?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cioma Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 11:24:56
If a micro-via in a pad is used does Pulsonix assume the connection between two exists (i.e. routed)?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
steve Posted - 11 Aug 2016 : 12:02:35
We can recognise some inconsistency in the feedback to the user, where the net connection check reviews the status of a route differently to a Diff Pair completion as previously mentioned, the checks are different. A log 41054 has been raised suggesting that something like Auto Weld could be offered if the system recognises a nets microvia being positioned in a nets pad whilst a connection lies between them, so completing the tracking between the two.

Currently I suggest completing the track to the pad, then move the via over it.

Pulsonix Assistance
cioma Posted - 11 Aug 2016 : 10:16:26
I've sent a layout file to support@pulsonix.com and described situation in more details. Could you please take a look? Perhaps I'm missing something obvious there.
steve Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 15:45:22
The Complete is as in 'completely routed (tracked)'

Pulsonix Assistance
cioma Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 14:34:07
So does it mean that if any segment of a diffpair is not "paired" (as in "Add Differential Pairing") then it will not be marked as complete?
steve Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 13:59:46
As stated in Help for the Rules Spreadsheet, the Complete column is a box that is checked if the differential pair has a full track path between both pin pairs, in the case of the example, it does not.

Pulsonix Assistance
cioma Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 12:54:32
Hmm, then it seems Rules Spreadsheet doesn't take that into account: nets with micro-vias that are centered on a pad are still flagged as not complete. But if I move micro-via away from the pad and then connect them with a track it's marked as complete.
steve Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 12:40:36
if the pad and the via are on the same net, then positioning the via over the pad will be seen as a completed connection, however, if you pull the via away from the pad, then a connection will be seen, so no it does not see it as routed, just joined.

Pulsonix Assistance