Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Templates

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chris Posted - 01 Mar 2016 : 09:17:43
In PCAD there is a copper pour setting "Line Width". With a smaller line width there is more detail in the copper pour. Is that equivalent to the "Line Style" setting which i can find in the properties:Poured Copper ? .. or has that setting only to do with how the borders of the copper pour are displayed on my screen and do i have to use an other option for it ?

Image Insert:

42.01 KB
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cioma Posted - 31 Aug 2016 : 15:30:39
For the sake of keeping related data in one place I'll add my tip about template, its line width and generated copper here.

Currently Pulsonix generates template copper as a polygon defined by center lines of the template lines and then adds a line around this polygon with the width of the template line. I wanted to disable that bounding line generation and it can be achieved by setting template line width to zero. In this case only a polygon is generated.
bkamen Posted - 01 Mar 2016 : 20:10:17
Hi Chris,

I feel your pain. When I first got Pulsonix, I had several designs I was under the gun to get done.

I can say, however, that almost everything I needed was in the manual.

So I can say for sure that it's probably in the Online Help somewhere.. it's just a matter of searching for it and reading up.

What would be really nice is if employers would stop having a fire in their britches for every thing -- and let us designer get to know the tools before asking for the world.

Good luck,

-Ben

-Ben
-------------------------------------------
ben@benkamen.net
http://www.benjammin.net
Chris Posted - 01 Mar 2016 : 20:06:26
Ok Thanks ! ... and i know i am having a lot of questions and that training can do lot to lower that questions...but one of the reasons to buy Pulsonix was because i was told that stepping over from PCAD to Pulsonix would be easy and that support to step over is very good. With this in mind i started a design job with Pulsonix. Unfortunately there is a lot of time pressure.. so when i get stuck on things i start reading in the manual and start asking questions.. sorry for it.
The good thing is that the pcb is almost ready and that i can create gerbers and drill data that looks good.
I hope there will be a training in Holland soon..and otherwise i have to come to GB. In the meantime i hope i can post a few more questions :-)
steve Posted - 01 Mar 2016 : 10:24:38
The Line Style is used to create the copper pour area, so it is effectively the equivalent.

Training is available.

Pulsonix Assistance