Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Wish: reset all grid origins to coordinate origin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cioma Posted - 22 Dec 2016 : 12:19:14
It would be great to be able to reset all grid origins to coordinate origin with one click in footprint editor. Currently one needs to go trough every grid and reset its origin.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bkamen Posted - 22 Dec 2016 : 16:03:39
quote:
Originally posted by jameshead

quote:
Originally posted by cioma

It would be great to be able to reset all grid origins to coordinate origin with one click in footprint editor. Currently one needs to go trough every grid and reset its origin.

The best way to organise your grids is to create a 1mm grid then create new grids that are based upon the 1mm grid, for example 2.54mm, 0.1mm, 0.01mm, 0.05mm, 1.27mm etc. then you select the grid you want for each of the default grids. Track grid could use the 0.05mm grid, components use the 0.1mm grid etc. Set this up as standard in your technology files and the technology file you have for creating footprints.
Now when you need to align the grids with the origin you only need to do it once for the 1mm grid and all the other grids will change also.

That's what I do -- I have a technology file with "metric" in the name that I load when I need to switch back and forth. When I load, I just select "grids" from the available checkboxes.

-Ben

-Ben
-------------------------------------------
ben@benkamen.net
http://www.benjammin.net
jameshead Posted - 22 Dec 2016 : 12:53:09
quote:
Originally posted by cioma

The best way to organise your grids is to create a 1mm grid then create new grids that are based upon the 1mm grid, for example 2.54mm, 0.1mm, 0.01mm, 0.05mm, 1.27mm etc. then you select the grid you want for each of the default grids. Track grid could use the 0.05mm grid, components use the 0.1mm grid etc. Set this up as standard in your technology files and the technology file you have for creating footprints.
Now when you need to align the grids with the origin you only need to do it once for the 1mm grid and all the other grids will change also.