Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 General
 Windows10 + 4K monitors

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chris Posted - 05 Jan 2017 : 09:02:29
A few month ago i switched from Windows7 to Windows10 and i also switched to another computer with two 4K monitors. Many programs work without problems on this new system but with Pulsonix (and some other ' technical' software) there are a lot of issues with the visibility of the screens. Sometimes text is unreadable because the scaling is not right. Pointing in a selection box (layers) doesn't lead to change the selection unless you point with your mouse in the very lower left corner of the selection box. The choices you have in the find window are almost unreadable. The picklist in the lower right corner cannot be used because it is unreadable. Some selections such as x for close window are very small. Text in the design or technology settings are hard to read because you cannot make the window with choices wider.... and so there are many more issues.

I have tried many different windows settings for screen resolutions and dpi scaling. I have tried to run pulsonix in different compatibility modes but without succes... Many times i think of switching back to my old system, but on the other hand there is a lot of software that has no single problem on this system... so why Pulsonix (and also the new 9.0 release) cannot handle this screens ?

Is there someone who recognize this problems or someone who has a solution for it ?

Image Insert:

15.72 KB

Image Insert:

23.65 KB

Image Insert:

25.19 KB

Image Insert:

87.32 KB

Image Insert:

91.46 KB
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
steve Posted - 26 Jan 2017 : 09:26:31
Chris..

1. Is 'selection box' the area used by a layer or just its checkbox within the Layers dockable window? Could you let us know what monitor, resolution, size of text percentage and custom scaling level you are running at?

2. We have seen this before, it is a registry corruption. You could try resetting your menus etc, but note that you would lose any customisation, so save a configuration file first.

3. Please send some pictures through to support@pulsonix.com

Pulsonix Assistance
Chris Posted - 26 Jan 2017 : 08:42:57
With this Fix a lot of things are very much better !!! Most of the problems are solved. Only a few small problems exist.
1. When switching layers on and off in the layers window i still have to click in the lower left corner of the selection box... but i am already used to it.
2. The menu text Template in the insert menu is spelled as Templatÿ in stead of Template
3. In many header fields of the Technology and Options menu the header text doesn't fit and is hard to read or unreadable. By making the header fields wider the text is readable again and by next time opening the menu the wider fields are rememberd.... but It should be better if there is an autofit and the text was readable directly.
steve Posted - 25 Jan 2017 : 10:37:14
This V8.5 5908 DLL set has a fix to vastly improve the use of the product on large monitor screens:

http://pulsonix.com/downloads/temp/fixes/8.5//Post5908.zip

We recommend setting Windows graphic options to 100% before install.

Pulsonix Assistance
tystephens Posted - 24 Jan 2017 : 11:03:55
DMS entry 40696 has now been fixed and will be in the next available release. If you need this more urgently, please contact your local support channel and request an updated DLL for your installation.
Olaf Posted - 11 Jan 2017 : 07:02:03
We detected the same issues for users with Windows10 and 4K monitors. In addition, we noted problems in Multi-Screen environments. Moving floating windows to specific positions is not possible and saved window positions caused error messages during next start.
steve Posted - 05 Jan 2017 : 09:53:45
This is known about and has been logged as 40696 for investigation.

Pulsonix Assistance