Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 General
 Switch between tabs in most recently used order

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cioma Posted - 15 Feb 2017 : 21:29:13
It would be great if Pulsonix allowed switching between opened tabs in most recently used order (like in Firefox):

- Pressing and releasing Ctrl+Tab switches between current tab and the previously viewed one

- Pressing and holding Ctrl and then pressing and releasing Tab (while Ctrl in held down) switches between all tabs in previously viewed order.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cioma Posted - 17 Feb 2017 : 20:20:18
Many thanks, Steve!
steve Posted - 17 Feb 2017 : 10:09:07
A lsuggestion log has been raised to add a keyboard method to alternate between the current and previous used tabs, 42202.

Pulsonix Assistance
cioma Posted - 16 Feb 2017 : 20:03:20
Well, the "most recently used tab switching" in your case would behave as follows:

quote:
With tabs in order 1 to 5 and starting on tab 2, I then selected tab 5.

On pressing and releasing Ctrl-Tab it focuses on tab 2.
On another pressing and releasing Ctrl-Tab it focuses on tab 5.
On another pressing and releasing Ctrl-Tab it focuses on tab 2.
And so forth it switches between the same two tabs.

But on pressing and holding Ctrl and while it's held pressing and releasing Tab it cycles through all tabs (in most resent order).

The whole idea is to be able to switch back and forth between two tabs (current and most recent) while more than two tabs are opened.

For example this is the behavior of Alt-Tab in Windows (switching between opened windows).

Or in Sublime Text:
https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/sublime-text-tab-switching/2071

Usecases are obvious:
- Working with two schematic sheets that are related to each other (e.g. PCIe connector and PCIe switch)
- Working with layout and a schematic sheet from which components are currently being placed

steve Posted - 16 Feb 2017 : 15:53:37
On my machine, it swapped back to the previous one I had used from five open designs in a single window, then it stepped to one I had not been to, then through them, back to the original, then the sequence again.

So with tabs in order 1 to 5 and starting on tab 2, I then selected tab 5. On using Ctrl-Tab, it focused back on tab 2, then tab 4,3,1 and then 5 to 2 and so on around.

Pulsonix Assistance
cioma Posted - 16 Feb 2017 : 15:21:19
Yes, but it simply switches through all opened tabs so it's not the "most recently used" behavior I described.
steve Posted - 16 Feb 2017 : 11:29:33
Ctrl-Tab does step back to the previous opened tab.

Further Ctrl-Tabs step through the remainder and around all again.

Pulsonix Assistance