Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Libraries
 Hidden Pins

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
uslimey Posted - 08 Mar 2017 : 12:42:55
So it appears that the majority of schematic symbols on the library hid the power and ground pins. I don't really like this. It would be ok with old cmos logic but is really a hinderence which complex chips - micros. FPGAs, etc - where there are multiple pins that often require more than one decoupling cap per pin and often have more than one power supply. It also makes troubleshooting difficult when you have to refer to a data sheet and then make assumptions about which supplies, which pins are connected to. Is there a way to make these visible without modifying the symbols in the library?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lewism@pulsonix.com Posted - 21 Oct 2020 : 15:13:31
Thank you for your responses. We are looking at introducing this functionality to the next release of Pulsonix.

Pulsonix Support

Lewis
Giovanni Posted - 17 Oct 2020 : 05:38:26
quote:
Originally posted by Mike S.

I agree. There should be a box to click to show hidden power and ground pins in the schematic.

I am agree, I would have liked a command or a flag to have the power pins visible or invisible.

Pasolini
Mike S. Posted - 09 Mar 2017 : 15:29:52
I agree. There should be a box to click to show hidden power and ground pins in the schematic.
psxforum Posted - 08 Mar 2017 : 13:04:58
Any components that are already defined in that way in our library cannot be automatically altered to display the power and ground pins.

The closest you are going to get to automatically seeing that information is to use "Insert User Report" and choose "Ungated Pin Nets". This will create a table of parts, components and pins showing the nets attached to each ungated pin.

If you want every pin on your components to be a 'real' pin so you can wire them up to decoupling caps etc., then this does indeed require editing of Symbols and mapping of the newly-added pins in the Parts.

David.