Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Thermal Relief Copper plain not visible/working

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Remco van Hardeveld Posted - 24 Nov 2017 : 09:23:17
Hello everyone,

Just as info, this is my first post on this forum so I hope that everything is working like I think it would work. If there is something wrong I will happily add or change the required necessities.

Now my question, with first the needed information for it. I'm trying to added Thermal reliefs on SMD component pads that are located on a copper plain (e.g. ground plain). I have included a picture that should illustrate this (Copper plain with SMD components). However when I "Pour Copper" nothing chances, there are no thermal reliefs added. I tried different setting in the "Technology" setting, but nothing helped (e.g. Technology Settings). I'm sure it is something I miss or just doing it wrong. So my question is: How can I "enable" the thermal reliefs on copper plains?

It would be a great help if this can be solved for.

Kind regards,
Remco

Image Insert:

72.79 KB

Image Insert:

92.48 KB
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Remco van Hardeveld Posted - 28 Nov 2017 : 13:22:31
Thank you for the correct usage if I want to implement my question.
Of course it was just a simple, overseen, thing by me.

Thank you
steve Posted - 24 Nov 2017 : 11:42:27
The problem you are experiencing is because the copper is a plain copper region rather than a Template for copper pour, so I advise you use poured Templates instead.

Pulsonix Assistance
steve Posted - 24 Nov 2017 : 09:42:55
Hi.. This is likely to be due to settings in your technology Thermal Rules. Please provide us your design to support@pulsonix.com for investigation.

The results will be posted back up on here.

Pulsonix Assistance