Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Schematic Design
 Change Pin Logic Name

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marco.ruggeri Posted - 07 Nov 2017 : 10:58:32
Is it possible to change the pin logic name of a component in schematic editor?
For example I have an MCU with a lot of multiplexed functions on a pin but in my schematic is used only one function. (However in the library is useful to have all the functions)
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AdBemt Posted - 28 Nov 2017 : 19:56:08
There are 2 way's of doing this:
There is one step you should do in both approaches:

* Create multiple pin attributies in your part for every function the pin can be used for (eg PF1=GPIO PF2=UART_TX) This can be done in the PINS tab of your part.

Then there are 2 way's (as far as I know of ) to get this information in your schematic:

The first approach:
Create a schematic symbol with all this pin attributes at the same place. Connect this symbol to you part (in gates). If you place this part in your design. You have to switch of all the not used pin attributes.

The second approach:

Create another pin attribute called something like
Used_function=PF1
Now create substitution in the "Logic name" field. In this case %%%%%Used_function%%%%% (nested substitution).

Now you can place this part in your schematic and choose the function by changing the Used_function attribute to PF2.

I included some example lib's and schematic designs to demonstate this approaches.

I hope this helps.

Download Attachment: Example.zip
10.72 KB