Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Schematic Design
 Spacing rules with blocks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Manfred Posted - 30 Jan 2018 : 15:04:37
Hello,

I have a block with 4 nets a, b, c, d. The spacings should be like this:
....a....b....c....d
a 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.7
b 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.7
c 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.7
d 0.7 0.7 0.7 0.2

I can do this with net classes or wildcards easily.
The problem is I do have three instances of the block I1, I2 and I3 and between the blocks the spacing should always be 0.7.

I can not design a rule which says: It's the same net, but in another instance of the block, so use another spacing.

I can set up a rule for every combination, but this is ugly.

Is there a solution for this ?

Best regards

Manfred

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
steve Posted - 31 Jan 2018 : 09:07:04
The SCM is the master for defining the net list and the components, the PCB is the physical. There are items used in the SCM that are not known by the PCB and visa-versa, for instance a Schematic Block is not known in PCB, as Copper Pouring is not known in the SCM. This is expressed by the contents of the Technology files.

Spacing Rules can be defined for net to net, type to type etc in the SCM, within what it knows, or expects, to be in the PCB. It does not know about Areas that will be in the PCB, but these were allowed to be defined as part of the spacing rules definitions. The Area in the PCB is of course a physical area, so this cannot be defined by any more than a name in the SCM and added manually in the PCB to correspond.

For note: One way of having a named selection of components in both SCM and PCB is by using 'Group'. An example of its use can be seen in example design 'Led Display' and the accompanying Word document.

Pulsonix Assistance
Manfred Posted - 31 Jan 2018 : 06:44:24
I'm not sure I understand the answer completely.

I must draw the Area in the board manually every time I add the block ?

Is there no way I can define all rules in the schematic only ?
steve Posted - 30 Jan 2018 : 15:24:51
Define a named Area for each block of components that will be added to the PCB, then set Match Pair spacing rules for within each Area, ensuring you set the Area to be used for Area Based Rules within the PCB when there.

Pulsonix Assistance