Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Update testpoint name to match component name?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JamieMurdock Posted - 13 Apr 2018 : 01:46:19
I changed all the testpoint component names in my schematic but on the bottom layer of the PCB they retained old TPxx numbers. How do I update them all to match the component name?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
steve Posted - 16 Apr 2018 : 08:44:07
Could we also have the SCM please, so to run the full synchronise?

Pulsonix Assistance
JamieMurdock Posted - 13 Apr 2018 : 17:12:23
Do you want just the .PCB file? (that is what I sent)
steve Posted - 13 Apr 2018 : 16:16:12
Although I will say that it is likely to depend on each individual test point whether it is a doc symbol, component or a test point component, we are looking at this very subject at the moment for an open log, so will be back with more detail here on completion.

Could we have a copy of your data for our use with this log, please send it to support@pulsonix.com

Pulsonix Assistance
JamieMurdock Posted - 13 Apr 2018 : 15:14:00
We did this experiment:
Enable testpoint on component named TP22, it adopts TP22 for the Testpoint name.
Enable testpoint on component named TPx33 and it adopts TP4 for the testpoint name.

We tried several, it is clear that the only way the testpoint adopts the component name is if it strictly follows the format TPnnn where nnn is numeric only.

Is this behavior controllable?
thanks
JamieMurdock Posted - 13 Apr 2018 : 15:04:06
I absolutely synchronized. All the REFDES on top changed, all the TP values on the bottom silkscreen did not change. I also tried turning off the testpoint attribute and turning it back on, it assigned a new number. Like TP37 became TP2, even though the reference designation of this test point component is TP-V33 (which I see in the top silkscreen).
steve Posted - 13 Apr 2018 : 08:04:15
I assume you synchronised the SCM to the PCB? Are ALL your testpoint's that are in your PCB, in your SCM?

Pulsonix Assistance