Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Schematic Design
 Repeat Block containing a part with multiple gates

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marco.ruggeri Posted - 31 Mar 2017 : 16:23:45
I'm using hierarchy design with a gate of a multiple port logic IC (74hc14) in a particular block. I repeat the block 10 times and 10 different components are added to the design with a lot of spare gates. I would like that all gates of firts part will be used before adding a new gate . How can I do to perform this operation in an automatic mode in Pulsonix?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
steve Posted - 31 Mar 2017 : 17:20:19
If this is a multi-instanced block action, then the facility is there to replicate instances of the same circuit, such as that for a channel of a multi-channel design. The instances are instances of the singular item, which allows any modification of that singular block to be reflected in all instances of it, so cross connection of gates is not possible in this scenario.

If the action is a cut-n-paste or duplicate action, then once again a copy is being taken in its entirety. The gates would have to be manually swapped out after copy, which can be done by simply changing the component reference and gate identifier for one within the component bin. They can then be gate and pin swapped when in the PCB design, if setup to do so, to improve routing.

Pulsonix Assistance