Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Using StarPoint Via in Exposed Pad under IC

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bkamen Posted - 18 Feb 2016 : 21:30:08
Hey guys,

I have a component with an EP that's it's own ground net that I'd like to connect up to the main ground. (underneath the IC in other layers)

The top layer is my "local" ground. I have 15 starpoints connecting the 2 nets placed under the IC.

When I DRC, I get a copper-to-pad error.

Also, the EP is a copper shape with an SMT pad in the center made in the footprint editor. (to the copper and it's little teenie pad is part of the footprint while the starpoints are externally added)

Should this be generating an error or should I be doing this another way?

Thanks,

-Ben
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bkamen Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 15:59:56
quote:
Originally posted by steve

Hi Ben..

I believe I understand what you are attempting to achieve and if so I would suggest there is likely to be a better way. Could you send me in the design to support@pulsonix.com as there are a number of points to look at from your message. I assume the 'teenie' pad has a pin in the schematic?

That's correct. (but that's not the only item that's generating the error)

I'll send you the design shortly.

-Ben
-------------------------------------------
ben@benkamen.net
http://www.benjammin.net
steve Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 09:00:44
Hi Ben..

I believe I understand what you are attempting to achieve and if so I would suggest there is likely to be a better way. Could you send me in the design to support@pulsonix.com as there are a number of points to look at from your message. I assume the 'teenie' pad has a pin in the schematic?

Pulsonix Assistance