Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Schematic Design
 no "join" warning with "new" nets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
obetz Posted - 08 Jun 2016 : 11:40:35
Finishing a new SCM connection on an existing net should not raise the "joining net" warning, if the new connection did not connect two previously existing nets.

Example: I draw a new SCM connection from an unconnected pin to an existing net: The "joining" warning is shown (but should not be shown in my opinion).

If I draw the same connection from the existing net to the pin, no warning is shown.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leon_heller Posted - 09 Jun 2016 : 18:29:58
Use Insert > Connection. It's probably been assigned to a button.

Leon Heller
obetz Posted - 09 Jun 2016 : 17:50:49
jameshead: Yes, I already wrote this. What shortcut do you suggest to start tap the vertical net?
jameshead Posted - 09 Jun 2016 : 08:23:39
quote:
See the picture: How would you connect P0.5 to the vertical net segment?

You can start a connection from the vertical net segment and go towards the pin to avoid a warning dialogue appearing.
leon_heller Posted - 08 Jun 2016 : 20:06:55
Just disable the warnings, if they bother you.

Pulsonix might log your suggestion when they see it, for consideration in the next release.

Leon Heller
obetz Posted - 08 Jun 2016 : 18:25:53
Leon,

you don't even need to start the new net at an unconnected pin as you write, you can start it anywhere.

But the reason for my posting is to discuss whether Pulsonix could be smarter by avoiding unnecessary warnings.

What is the reason for the warning? Obviously, it shall keep people from connecting two existing nets by accident.

But I'm writing about routing a new net to an existing net, therefore the warning is inappropriate IMO.

It should not matter whether I start at the net and route to the pin or vice versa.

See the picture: How would you connect P0.5 to the vertical net segment?

Oliver

Image Insert:

2.47 KB
leon_heller Posted - 08 Jun 2016 : 16:05:44
As soon as you start a connection from an unconnected pin, a new net is assigned to it. Hence the warning, as the two nets are different. If you connect from an existing net to a pin, a new net isn't created and a warning is not required. You can turn the warnings off.

Leon Heller