Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Pad with 4 stencil openings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chris Posted - 29 Dec 2016 : 16:04:02
I have tried to make a 'large' pad that must have 4 small openings in the stencil. For the four openings i draw 4 rectangles on the paste layer when defining the padshape, but when i try to save the pad i get a message that there are more then one shapes on the paste layer and i cannot save the pad... so maybe this it not the right way to do it ?
What must i do to make the pad i want ?

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
steve Posted - 20 Oct 2017 : 16:00:17
If you give that pad a distinct name, in the footprint, which is where it should be defined, when being added to the PCB design it will add that pad form to the design Technology. As stated, ensure the pad styles are managed and thus the pad style name is specific for the job.

Pulsonix Assistance
georg.schmidt Posted - 20 Oct 2017 : 13:41:58
Ok, this solution works.
But defining a pad this way means that one have always to remember adding the paste mask manually in the design for that pad.
Isn't there a possibility to define the pad with the hatched paste mask in the technology?
If not, this would be a good new feature for a future update.

Regards,
Georg
Chris Posted - 30 Dec 2016 : 15:35:04
Ok thanks, it works
jameshead Posted - 29 Dec 2016 : 19:59:35
You need to use by layer and make the solder paste layer zero so removing the pad entirely then draw four independent rectangles on the solder paste layer using draw doc symbol and select ing a suitable line size.