Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 PCB only parts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
georg.schmidt Posted - 05 Jan 2023 : 12:39:04
Hello and happy new year to everyone!
In earlier versions of Pulsonix (it's already some major versions ago) it was possible to add PCB only parts to the layout even when the PCB was in safe mode. Somewhen that has changed - now I got the "PCB safe mode enabled" error if I want to add a heat sink or any other mechanical part. As mechanical parts won't change the netlist, this behavior does not make sense in my opinion. Is there an option to allow adding PCB only parts in safe mode?

Regards,
Georg
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
georg.schmidt Posted - 19 Jan 2023 : 08:11:31
Hi AdBemt,

you're right, if I use the insert component command it will work even in save mode.
I always use the part browser to add components to the design. Unfortunately this behaves the same as adding components via the library editor, so it won't work.

Maybe this could be fixed in future updates, that would be great.
AdBemt Posted - 18 Jan 2023 : 19:14:54
Hi Georg,

I just tested your problem. As long as the part is a PCB only part without pads I can add it to a PCB design with safe mode switched on using the Insert Component function (I do get a warning but I can place the part).

I can't place the part via the library editor (Add To Design). This should be possible in my opinion but it won't work at the moment.