Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Import, Export and Integration
 PLX format description
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2016 :  12:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could anyone please tell me where can I find Pulsonix PLX format description?

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2016 :  12:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The PLX format is provided for footprint creation software to provide outputs for the import into Pulsonix footprint libraries and as such is not published. The footprint creation software normally defines how to create a footprint and export it into Pulsonix.

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2016 :  14:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That exactly why I ask for it: I use PCB Libraries Library Expert Pro with Pulsonix export option (v2016.06) and it seems that PLX file they generate have some useless/confusing strings. It would be great to have PLX format description available so I could provide feedback to PCB Libraries on Pulsonix export.
Go to Top of Page

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2016 :  14:56:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The format of the file has been defined whilst working with them so if there is an identified problem, please report it to support@pulsonix.com. There is a process which is defined on their site

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2016 :  16:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see. Is it at least possible to get layer number to default layer name mapping ("LayerNumRef" statement in PLX)?

In particular I'm interested in Courtyard Outline (i.e. Placement Outline) mapping.

Edited by - cioma on 21 Jun 2016 16:17:47
Go to Top of Page

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2016 :  16:43:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The output .PLX file should just read into Pulsonix with the default set of Layer numbers provided by PCBLibraries and using our example technologies. Once within Pulsonix, layer data can of course be moved/changed. The receiving layers can be changed if wished to match your technology within their software as their Help instructs. If this is not working then we would like to know about this at the Support address already stated.

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: