Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Schematic Design
 Wishlist: Make <Page Link> interactive in PDF
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2016 :  22:56:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be great to have <Page Link> attribute interactive in PDF (i.e. jumping to appropriate page when clicked)

jameshead

United Kingdom
125 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2016 :  09:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cioma

It would be great to have <Page Link> attribute interactive in PDF (i.e. jumping to appropriate page when clicked)

It already does this - at least in Adobe Acrobat.
Go to Top of Page

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2016 :  09:50:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... let me give it a deeper look as it is doesn't seem to work neither in PDF-XChange editor nor Microsoft Edge nor Firefox.
Go to Top of Page

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2016 :  14:15:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I tried it in Acrobat Reader X and it doesn't work there for me. It also doesn't work in PDF-XChange, Foxit, Sumatra, Edge, Firefox. I tried doing CAM export to PDF with both "Link Net Names" enabled and disabled. What version of Adobe Reader it works for you in?
Go to Top of Page

jameshead

United Kingdom
125 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2016 :  14:47:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, 2015 Release, Version 2015.017.20050 and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional version 8.1.0 and both operate the same.

The circuit diagram is output via CAM/Plot and Device PDF. When you open the resultant PDF and hover the mouse near the page link you should see the pointer change from an arrow to a hand when you hover near the attribute for the netname on the page link and click then Adobe Acrobat jumps to the other page link.
Go to Top of Page

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2016 :  17:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, now I see what's happening: you seem to actually click on the <Net Name> attribute, not on the <Page Link> one. Indeed that works (when "Link Net Names" is enabled in PDF output options). So my original request seems to be still valid (i.e. making <Page Link> interactive in PDF output). The thing is that I use page link symbol with <Page Link> attribute only (i.e. no <Net Name> attribute on the page link symbol).
Go to Top of Page

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2016 :  08:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have added this to the open log 32902 for this request.

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: