Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Schematic Design
 Pin style showing when connected
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Remco van Hardeveld

Netherlands
15 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2018 :  12:59:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Pulsonix forum,

I'm back again with another question unsolvable for me. I have scrolled through the Pulsonix user guide and searched the internet, but could not find my solution. I only find the same "problem" in the user guide without any explanation and mixed through out the document.

The "problem", or rather an inconvenience, that I am having is that in my new reconfigured environment the pin style is visible as defined in the technology file (black cross with a thickness of 0.127) after connecting a track to it. When a track is not connected to the pin, than a grey cross is visible. At this point, I think I still can follow this.

However when I open an older design to which I have access, I see no cross when a track is connected to the pin (I have selected to use the same pin style in both designs). When I disconnected the track in the older design I see a grey cross identical to my current design. In the picture below I drew a circle to show the inconvenience that I am talking about. I tried to compare the settings in both design, but I could not see an immediate difference that could cause this.

In my new design I would love to have no cross visible when a track is correctly connected to the pin. In my opinion this results in a cleaner look and gives an immediately feedback if a pin is connected or not.

Pulsonix: Version 9.1 build 6871

Image Insert:

71.16 KB

Ps. I hope the image will upload because in the preview is shows a broken link.

Edited by - Remco van Hardeveld on 15 Feb 2018 13:00:21

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2018 :  14:14:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a visibility issue, managed by Colours. In colours do not show Symbol Pins, instead show Unconnected Pins

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page

tystephens

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2018 :  14:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes you need to change the display settings in your colour files (Setup, Colours).

I would suggest turning OFF the Display for Sym. Pins in Colours/Connect Points and turning ON the Display of Unconnected Pins in Colours/Highlights.

Ty
Go to Top of Page

Remco van Hardeveld

Netherlands
15 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2018 :  12:07:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the correct answer. As usual I was expecting to find this setting somewhere else.

I also did what tystephens has sugested (great suggestion by the way). My "template" is getting better and better suited to my idea :).

Thank you and kind regards,

Remco
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: