Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Libraries
 Mouting hole visibility
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

poorchava

Poland
45 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2021 :  04:57:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am often using mounting holes that have no copper pad around (ie. pad dimensions are smaller that hole diameter).

It all works fine, except that the holes are really hard to see, and there doesn't seem to be a setting, that would allow to set the color of actual hole. Or is there? It seems like the inside of the hole is always the same color as the background.

Image Insert:

9.37 KB

There is only what seems like a zero-width line around the hole perimeter, but it's very hard to see unless zoomed in a lot.

jameshead

United Kingdom
125 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2021 :  10:00:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a couple of methods to do this.
First, the one I suspect you are really after is to open the Colours, click Others, then tick the box next to Drill Holes and ensure you have a nice colour selected there. This will give the result here.

Image Insert:

41.13 KB

The second approach, which is the one I use the most othen is to have the colour setting mentioned above turned off. Instead I specify any non-plated holes without copper lands to have 0 copper land size, and use By Layer to specify a solder mask size, typically 0.16 mm greater than the drill hole size.

Then in colours I have True Width turned off for solder mask layers, giving the result below.

Image Insert:

46.83 KB

To do this, Colours > Layers, select the solder mask layers and deselect the box True Width.
Go to Top of Page

poorchava

Poland
45 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2021 :  14:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. I have gone through the Colors menu like 20 times looking for this and haven't noticed... That this row was not displayed.
Go to Top of Page

feynman

Switzerland
26 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2021 :  01:41:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a matter of fact the "Drill Holes" option does not show when editing a footprint. Is this intended?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: